Sunday, February 15, 2015

Lavender Orange Sugar Scrub!!!

You all have been to the bath and body stores and have seen all the deliciousness they have to offer, right?  Well, I LOVE scrubs, any kind of scrub....sugar or salt.  The last time I was in one of those stores, I picked up a scrub and looked at the ingredients.  WHAT??  I couldn't even pronounce some of the stuff they put in there.  And I couldn't  convince myself to spend $16 for a tub.  Sooooo, I decided to make my own scrub!  Yup, here it is...Lavender and Orange Sugar Scrub!!!

 
1 1/2 Cup Sugar (any kind you want)  I used white sugar because that's what I had on hand
1/2 Cup Coconut Oil
25 drops of Young Living Lavender Essential Oil
25 drops of Young Living Orange Essential Oil


Combine and mix the Sugar and Coconut Oil well
Add the essential oils and blend well
 
At this point, my body was yearning for this loveliness.  Scoop in glass container and you're done!! :)

Now, if I was going to give this to someone, I would have dolled up the jar a bit.  But it's just for me, myself and I and I'm that no frills type of gal.

So, I have to tell you, this stuff is amazing.  I used it in the shower the night I made it and it made my skin feel soooo good.  No lotion needed afterwards.  It is THAT good!!!

**ORANGE - antitumoral, relaxant, anticoagulant and circulatory stimulant.  Used for insomnia, complexion, fluid retention and wrinkles.

**LAVENDER - antiseptic, antifungal, analgesic, antitumoral, anticonvulsant, vasodilating,  relaxant, anti inflammatory, reduces, blood fat/cholesterol, combats excess sebum on skin.  Used for respiratory infections, high blood pressure, PMS, skin conditions, burns, hair loss insomnia and nervous tension.

**information taken directly from Essential Oils Desk Reference, 6th Edition

No comments:

Post a Comment