Saturday, January 3, 2015

Let's get this New Year started!

I know, I know, it's been a while.  2014 was a year of change.  Lots of changes with family, health, finances and jobs.  But change is good, right?  RIGHT!!!  Change puts us out of our comfort zones and helps us reach for things that we thought were unreachable and unattainable.  Change has made me fully put my trust in Jesus Christ.  Why put the world on my shoulders when Jesus can carry the weight?!?!?

In August, I decided that I wanted to venture out of direct patient care and obtain some type of management position.  I took classes to gear myself towards that desire and to beef up my resume.  I accepted a position as a Wellness Nurse Supervisor at an ALF.  Although I loved that position, it only lasted one month because I was offered a position at a Home Health agency as a Quality Assurance Nurse Manager.  I thought...what a great position and the offer was more than I expected.  Little did I know that agency was in turmoil, but I LOVE a challenge. The agency was deep in Medicare audits and was way behind in getting doctors orders back in a timely manner.  After working there for a month, I could finally see the light.  I got the medicals records manageable and built relationships with doctors so they would keep us in compliance.  And I FINALLY got the nurses to understand and document correctly so that our claims would not be denied.  Let me tell you, it was a process that I would not willingly want to repeat.  And finally after everything in my department was running smoothly, in the blink of an eye the company was sold and bought without any of us being notified.  It changed ownership within 5 minutes right before our eyes.  The owners of the old company came in and told us the company has been sold, handed us our final paychecks and introduced the new company.  The owners of the new company offered all existing employees their same position except for our Administrator.  That was the sad part.  A lot of employees decided not to accept the offer.  Only three people in the management team decided to stay, I being one of them.  I did research on the parent company and liked what I saw.  It is now two weeks since the takeover and I believe I made the right decision.  This company is moving FORWARD!!

Well, through all this,  Young Living essential oils has helped my anxiety and my stress.  In my office I always have something diffusing.  I love it when the office and field staff come in and sit for a few minutes just to inhale what I'm diffusing.  They say they love the feeling they get when they do.  :)  My favorite oils to diffuse in my office are Peace & Calming, Lavender, Valor and Stress Away.  For concentration and alertness, I like to diffuse Peppermint with Lemon or Clarity.

What are your goals for this year?  Whatever they are, remember they are all reachable and attainable!  I'm including Young Living Essential Oils in my life to reach my goals!!  HAPPY NEW YEAR TO YOU ALL!!

No comments:

Post a Comment