Thursday, June 19, 2014

This is the First Essential Oil.....



 
.....that I tried and let me tell you I was HOOKED!!  Anything that would get rid of my headache in a fraction of the time that ibuprofen did is a winner in my book....Seriously!!  Not only did I not have to wait 30 minutes to an hour for it to MAYBE work, but I didn't have to worry about having something in my stomach before taking it or having an upset stomach afterwards.  It's like, get rid of one pain and get another.  Which is worse??
 
 
I'll never be without this oil...EVER!  It's in my medicine cabinet and also in my purse!  You never know when you'll need it and let me tell you it has been a lifesaver on many occasions.  Here are the few reasons why this oil is awesome:
 
  • One of the most oldest and highly regarded herbs in soothing digestion
  • Restores digestive efficacy
  • Curbs appetite
  • Fights germs
  • Helps headaches
  • Digestive stimulant
  • Alleviates nausea
  • Reduces fever
Those are just some to name a few.  The list goes on...
 
 
 
Here are some interesting facts:
 
Plant origin:  North America, Mediterranean area, Great Britain
Extraction method: Steam distilled from leaves and stems
Historical data: Regarded to be part of "Marseilles Vinegar" or "Four Theives Vinegar" used by robbers to protect themselves during the 15th century plague.  Jean Valnet, MD used peppermint to treat liver and respiratory diseases.
Medicinal properties: Anti-inflammatory, antitumoral, antiparasitic, antibacterial, antiviral, antifungal, gallbladder stimulant, digestive stimulant, pain reliever, curbs appetite.
 
Can be used topical, dietary or aromatically.
Do not use in children younger than 18 months.
 
 
 
 


No comments:

Post a Comment