Tuesday, June 3, 2014

Ingrown toenail......OUCH!!!

Who has ever had an ingrown toenail?  If you have, you know it can get very painful and often ends up infected.  I remember when my second daughter was in 5th grade, she had an ingrown toenail, which got infected and she was in soooo much discomfort.  We did the whole doctor visit, antibiotics, Epson salt soaks, etc.  It took a good two weeks to heal.  Not very fun for a 5th grader whose sport was soccer at the time. 

Anyway, I can't begin to tell you how continuously AMAZED I am with essential oils.  I mean, where were they when my children were little ducklings??  Why didn't anybody tell me about them....WHY????  Okay, enough whining...I have to share with you about my granddaughter Coraline.  She's such a sweet little peanut.  She had an ingrown toenail and a few days ago it got infection.  You know, the usual angry red, irritated and yellowish discharge look.  Not a pretty site.  My daughter  Brittany was thinking about taking her to her doctor to get it checked out, but we decided to try essential oils instead.  I applied Thieves and layered it with Lavender for THREE days.  Well, as you can see, the picture speaks for itself.  Coraline is now a happy little camper and she LOVES her oils!!

Don't you just love that face???
 

 
Clove (Syzygium aromaticum), lemon (Citrus limon), cinnamon (Cinnamomum verum), Eucalyptus radiate and rosemary (Rosmarinus officinalis CT 1,8 cineol).
 
Lavender essential oil - (Lavandula angustifolia)

4 comments:

  1. Hi Susan! Lavender helps with inflammation and fighting bacteria. It's an oil that I always carry with me because of its many uses. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. How many drops did you apply or did you just lightly cover the area? And did you do it once a day?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi There! Thank you for visiting my page. For my granddaughter, I layered one drop of each and did it twice a day. Let me know if you have any more questions.

      Delete